Sunday 1 March 2009

Whoa!! Whoa!! Whoa!!!!!

U.S. police brutality is once again in the spotlight. It occured in Seattle, which is just a bit too far north for my my North vs. South prejudice.

Apparently the detainee 'assaulted' the officer and he, in turn, responded with an act of force in order to prevent further damage to his person. Now I just want to say that I tend to be quite impartial when observing events and I am definitely not somebody who leaps at the chance to criticise authority. In this case however, let's just say that I would not want to be the police officer's defense attorney.

Also don't blame the random dude who kinda goes along with it. He is just a trainee and is, I hope, too stunned and unsure to actually stop the insane man.

Check the events out here to see what happened. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7917288.stm

p.s. I'm sure the reader who is boycotting the BBC can get the video source at other news sites or youtube :p

3 comments:

Maxamillian said...

This is police brutality, eastern style: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/feb/27/china-police-shoot-burning-monk

JoJo said...

I like that the latter part of the url provides the most succinct summary of the story: "china-police-shoot-burning-monk"

I also like how kicking your shoes off at someone constitutes assault.

Sly said...

Haha. Yeah, that was a good one too. However this one won due to the availability of video footage.