Tuesday 9 December 2008

Kiss of Deaf

Apparently kissing is more dangerous then previously thought. Not only can it lead to the transmission of deadly diseases but also to loss of hearing. According to local reports from China, a 20 year old something (as quoted from the article) lost her hearing following an impassioned kiss from her boyfriend.

The "doctor" said "The kiss reduced the pressure in the mouth, pulled the eardrum out and caused the breakdown of the ear." Really? What was the guy doing? Trying to suck out her soul.

This incident has prompted the notoriously reliable China Daily to write "While kissing is normally very safe, doctors advise people to proceed with caution,"

I think we've all learned something very valuable from this incident. Love hurts. Be safe, don't risk it.

1 comment:

Maxamillian said...

I kissed a 20-something Chinese girl once, but then she woke up. And then I woke up.

...ok, I'm going back to my essay now.